Jerry Kern has earned the San Diego Republican Party's endorsement for the office of Oceanside Mayor. Jerry has a long list of credentials, outlined below. Plus see an interview with Jerry and some other Republicans discussing why he is the kind of mayor we need.
- Defeated Public Employee Unions' attempt to Recall Council Member Kern by a 2:1 margin.
- Fought for and won City Charter status in Oceanside (saving Oceanside taxpayer's $3 - $6 million per year).
- Led the effort to bring the V.A. Medical Clinic - North County to Oceanside.
- Lowered crime rate to lowest level in over 30 years with support of Oceanside Police Department.
- First Council Member to call for full disclosure of all city employees pay & benefits online.
- Led the effort to outsource the Oceanside Airport to a private operator.
- Past President Oceanside Chamber of Commerce - Coordinated online business licensing information between the City and the Chamber of Commerce websites to benefit the business community.
- Reduced fees, eliminated crash tax, inspection fees, utility undergrounding fees.
- Streamlined city government by reducing city staff.
- More efficient government - Development Services, coordinating functions, improving communications, reduce processing time, reduced noticing requirements.
- Is currently fighting to eliminate Rent Control in Oceanside.
Labels: 2012, 2012 Elections, Jerry Kern, Oceanside Mayor, Republicans