Chairman Tony Krvaric spoke to 89.3 KPCC on why the San Diego Republican Party has been so successful. He highlighted a couple points:
- Despite the Democrats having a clear voter registration advantage in the City of San Diego, (roughly 28% vs 38%) Republican issues have been resonating extremely well with voters.
- Example is Proposition D in 2010 the sales tax increase, defeated by almost a 2:1 margin.
- Proposition A, managed competition, passed easily in 2012 with 58%.
- Proposition B, pension reform, pass by almost a 2:1 margin in 2012.
- California possess roughly a similar voter composition as San Diego, with many people registering Democrat. Thus the possibility for the State Party to emulate what the San Diego Party has done is very realistic.
To listen to the full interview, visit KPCC website
, and click on the left to hear the interview where it says Listen Now.
Labels: 2012 Elections, California Republican Party, Pension Reform, San Diego, San Diego Republican Party, Tony Krvaric